Ashburn Crime Report: Aug. 30 – Sept. 7
The following incidents were reported by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Concealed Weapon Charge Near Pipeline Plaza
Tristan A. Van Norden, 21, of Leesburg, was charged with failure to stop for police, obstruction of justice and carrying a concealed weapon after he fled his vehicle on foot during a traffic stop at 1:58 a.m. Sept. 7 near the intersection of Farmwell Road and Pipeline Plaza. A Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Canine Unit discovered a firearm on Norden.
- Someone reported at 3:49 p.m. Sept. 6 that a window at Theriot Montessori School in Belmont Greene appeared to have been forced open. Nothing was reported taken.
- A resident reported a car stolen after leaving it unlocked with the keys inside on the 21400 block of Deepwood Terrace between 6:45 p.m. and 7:01 p.m. Sept. 6. The vehicle was recovered a short time later in the area of Thistledown Terrace. Nothing was reported missing.
- Graffiti was spray-painted on a tunnel near Misty Creek Place and Medix Run Place between 8 a.m. Aug. 30 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 2.
- A GPS device was reported taken from a vehicle on the 43100 block of Thistledown Terrace between 4:30 p.m. Aug. 30 and 5:30 p.m. Sept. 2.
- An unlocked vehicle was entered and credit cards may have been taken on the the 18700 block of Potomac Station Drive between 6 p.m. Sept. 2 and 5 p.m. Sept. 5.
- Sunglasses were reported taken from a vehicle on the 22000 block of Sunstone Court between 5 p.m. Sept. 5 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 6.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.