Ashburn Crime Report: Dec. 5-16
The following incidents were reported by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Pedestrian Killed Crossing Route 28
A woman was killed early Sunday morning after attempting to cross Route 28 near the Dulles Toll Road. The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to reports of a female struck while attempting to cross the road around 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Investigators were working to identify the victim, who died at the scene.
- Someone reportedly entered a home on the 22800 block of Queensbridge Drive in Brambleton by damaging a basement door at 6:12 p.m. Dec. 7. Nothing was reported missing.
- Jewelry, cash and cameras were reported taken from a home on the 20600 block of Rainsboro Drive in Ashburn Village around 9:30 p.m. Dec. 7. A door was damaged.
- A laptop was reported taken from a garage on the 43600 block of Hay Road between 5 p.m. Nov. 30 and 9 p.m. Dec. 9.
- A resident reported Dec. 12 that around 8 a.m. Nov. 25 the door of a home on the 45100 block of Waterpointe Terrace in University Heights was found open. Several items were later found to be missing, including a digital camera and jewelry.
- An iPod and accessories were reported taken from a vehicle on the 19800 block of Naples Lakes Terrace in Belmont Country Club between 8 p.m. Dec. 5 and 4 a.m. Dec. 6. The incident was reported Dec. 13.
- Construction materials were taken from a site near Tradewind Drive and Dove Wing Court in Brambleton were reported taken between 5 p.m. Dec. 10 and 9:44 a.m. Dec. 11.
- Gift cards and cash were reported taken from a vehicle on the 43200 block of Becontree Terrace in Broadlands between 11:30 p.m. Dec. 9 and 7:15 a.m. Dec. 10.
- Change was reported taken from a vehicle on the 43100 block of Thistledown Terrace in Broadlands between 9:45 p.m. Dec. 9 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 10.
- GPS devices were reported taken from two vehicles on the 41800 block of Withorne Way in Martin’s Chase Estates between 9 p.m. Dec. 9 and 5 a.m. Dec. 10.
- Packages delivered to a residence on the 21000 block of Timber Ridge Terrace in Ashburn Farm were reported taken at 6 p.m. Dec. 7.
- A vehicle on the 21500 block of Kouros Court was reportedly rummaged through around 4:05 a.m. Dec. 10. Nothing was reported missing.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email email@example.com.