Ashburn Crime Report for Oct. 1-15
The following community incidents were reported to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
False Bomb Threat
A business in the Ashburn Village shopping center reported that a bomb threat had been made at 9:45 a.m. Oct. 5. A canine unit searched the building and reported nothing suspicious. The incident remains under investigation.
Missing Person Found in DC
An 89-year-old man with Alzheimer’s was reported missing after leaving a residence on the 42400 block of Patrick Wayne Square in a vehicle shortly before 3 p.m. Oct. 10. Authorities believed he was traveling to Washington, DC, and authorities there located him and reported he was safe.
- A glass door was damaged and cash was removed from a business’ register on the 42900 block of Piccadilly Plaza in Belmont Greene at 4:37 a.m. Sept. 28.
- Tools were reported taken from a garage on the 43100 block of Old Gallivan Terrace between 8 p.m. Sept. 27 and 7 a.m. Sept. 28.
- Two businesses were reportedly entered and cash was taken on the 42900 block of Piccadilly Plaza in Belmont Greene at 2:35 a.m. Oct. 4.
- An unknown person was reported to have broken into an unoccupied apartment on the 44400 block of Whitford Square and appeared to be living there between 9:30 a.m. Sept. 16 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 8. No one was in the apartment when the entry was discovered.
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office deputies charged Travis A. Capps, 31, of Ashburn, with unlawful entry, destruction of property and drunk in public after he someone reported a burglary in progress on the 22600 block of Blue Elder Terrace at 10:24 p.m. Oct. 7.
- An unknown person broke into a vacant apartment on the 20000 block of Coltsfoot Terrace between 11:30 a.m. Oct. 13 and 11:30 a.m. Oct. 14.
Larceny/Destruction of Property
- Damage was reported to the floor of a home under construction on the 22500 block of Verde Gate Terrace after an unknown person removed a bathroom faucet without turning off the water between 10 a.m. and noon Oct. 2.
- A mailbox was reported damaged on the 20100 block of Valhalla Square between 11 p.m. Oct. 5 and 6 a.m. Oct. 6.
- A mailbox was reported damaged on the 20070 block of Inverness Square at 11 p.m. Oct. 5.
- A mailbox was reported damaged on the 23400 block of Morning Walk Drive between 4:30 p.m. Oct. 5 and 7:30 a.m. Oct. 6.
- An exterior light was reported damaged on the 43000 block of Unison Knoll Circle 8 p.m. Oct. 5 and 10:30 a.m. Oct. 6.
- The passenger window of a vehicle on the 41800 block of Marigold Mill Place was reported damaged and another vehicle was reported entered between 7 p.m. Oct. 9 and 7 a.m. Oct. 10. Nothing was reported missing.
- A cell phone accessory was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 22400 block of Bella Terra Drive between 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9 and 12:16 p.m. Oct. 10.
- Damage was reported to the driver’s side window of a vehicle on the 43200 block of Brookford Square between 2:15 a.m. and 2:45 a.m. Oct. 11. The owner was awakened by the car alarm.
- A rear window was reported damaged and laptop computer taken from a vehicle on the 42900 block of Via Veneto Way between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 8 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 9.
- Three laptop computers were reported taken from a vehicle on the 42500 block of Forest Crest Court between 10 p.m. Oct. 9 and 4:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
- A garden statue was reported taken from the front yard of a residence on the 23000 block of Minerva Drive in Brambleton between midnight and 2 a.m. Oct. 14.
- The front and read windows of a vehicle on the 21800 block of Blossom Hill Terrace were reported damaged between 10 p.m. Oct. 13 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 14. Rocks were reportedly found on the vehicle.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.