Ashburn Crime Report: July 12-19
Attempted abduction, exposure and larceny are among the incidents reported to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Attempted Abduction Reported in Belmont Greene
An 11-year-old boy reported to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office that a white car pulled up to him along the 42800 block of Kirkland Street just before 9 p.m. July 16 and the driver told him to get in. The child refused to get in the car, according to an LCSO report, and the car left the area. The boy reported that several people were in the vehicle, including black female passenger.
A 69-year-old male was charged with exposing himself along the 20000 block of Medalist Drive around 9 a.m. July 13.
Jewelry was reported taken from a home on the 42400 block of Cortez Terrace between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. July 19.
- A GPS receiver, a handheld video game and two satellite radio receivers were reported taken from two vehicles on the 43900 block of Downington Court between 7 p.m. July 12 and 9 a.m. July 13.
- A purse was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 43200 block of Hay Road around 6 p.m. July 17.
- Cell phone accessories and personal documents were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20900 block of Albion Lane between 6:30 p.m. July 17 and 7:15 a.m. July 18.
- A GPS receiver was reported taken from a vehicle on the 44300 block of Silkworth Terrace between 11 p.m. July 17 and 5 a.m. July 18.
- A laptop computer was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 19800 block of Annenberg Drive between 9 p.m. July 18 and 6 a.m. July 19.
Tampering with a Vehicle
- A vehicle on the 20300 block of Belmont Park Terrace was reported entered and the ignition damaged between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. July 14.
- The owner of a vehicle parked on the 44400 block of Livonia Terrace reported that someone appeared to have entered the vehicle between 7 p.m. July 17 and 1 p.m. July 18. Nothing was reported taken.
Destruction of Property
Community-owned light poles were reported damaged along walkways nears the 21900 block of Claiborne Parkway between 10 p.m. July 13 and 7 a.m. July 16.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.