Ashburn Crime Report: July 5-15
Assault, a pedestrian death, larceny and destruction of property among Ashburn incidents reported to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
Teen Assaulted by Man in Pickup
A 19-year-old teenager reported that the driver of a gray pickup truck, described as either Asian or Hispanic, approached the teen, jumped out of the vehicle and then began to chase the teen around 3:38 a.m. July 13. According to a report given the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the teen said the driver made reference to a water balloon that hit his truck and then assaulted him. The driver was further described as a male with very short, dark hair.
McLean Pedestrian Dies in Ashburn Village
A 21-year-old McLean man was struck by a commercial vehicle near Route 7 and Ashburn Village Boulevard around 12:43 a.m. July 12. The man, who had not been identified as of July 15, was said to have intentionally stepped out into oncoming traffic. He was taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne where he died from his injuries.
- A smart phone, GPS and sporting equipment were reported taken from two vehicles parked in a driveway on the 21300 block of Lord Nelson Terrace between 1:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. July 6.
- A GPS, digital cameras and other electronics were reported taken from vehicles parked in a driveway on the 21300 block of Cameron Hunt Place between 11 p.m. July 6 and 6 a.m. July 7.
- Someone reported that their wallet was possibly taken while at the Junction Plaza shopping center at the corner of Claiborne Parkway and Ashburn Farm Parkway around 6 p.m. July 8. Credit cards were used at multiple locations in the area, according to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.
- A 2008 Dodge Caliber was reported stolen from a parking lot on the 20000 block of Coltsfoot Terrace between 9 p.m. July 10 and 8:30 a.m. July 11.
- A GPS and change were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20400 block of Rosses Point Court between 9:30 p.m. July 10 and 6 a.m. July 11.
- A mp3 player, cash and clothing were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20900 block of Duryea Terrace between 8 p.m. July 10 and 7 a.m. July 11.
- Change and personal documents were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20400 block of Bunker Hill Way between 9 p.m. July 10 and 9:30 a.m. July 11.
- A wallet and sunglasses were reported taken from a vehicle on the 44300 block of Silkworth Terrace around 1:50 a.m. July 11.
- A GPS and change were reported taken from a vehicle on the 44400 block of Cruden Bay Drive between midnight and 5:45 a.m. July 11.
- Sunglasses were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20400 block of Bunker Hill Way between 8:30 p.m. July 10 and 8 a.m. July 11.
Destruction of Property/Tampering
- Graffiti was reported painted in a pedestrian tunnel near the intersection of Ashburn Farm Parkway and Windmill Drive between 10:37 a.m. July 8 and 10:37 a.m. July 9.
- Inappropriate language and images were reported drawn with a marker on a vehicle along the 20900 block of Hollyberry Court between 10 p.m. July 5 and 12:50 a.m. July 6.
- A gazebo and fence were reported damaged on the 20300 block of River Ridge Terrace, part of an apartment complex, around 3:15 p.m. July 10.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.