Ashburn Crime Update
A teen was injured after falling from a car; larcenies, destruction of property primary reported crimes.
Improper Vehicle Riding Injury
An Ashburn man, 17, was airlifted to a hospital after falling from a Honda Civic on the 43100 block of Gatwick Square.
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the teen was riding on the trunk of the Civic, which was driven by an 18-year-old female. According to a spokesman for the LCSO, the incident was not a domestic dispute and is considered an accident. The driver was not charged in the incident.
- Fishing equipment was reported taken from a vehicle on the 44100 block of Merrywood Ct. between 5 p.m. June 18 and 8:30 a.m. June 20. The incident was reported on June 23.
- Credit cards were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 43800 block of Stonebridge Dr. between 10 p.m. June 21 and 3:30 a.m. June 22. Several attempts were made to use one of the cards at local establishments.
- A case containing CDs was reported taken from a vehicle on the 21100 block of Vineland Square between 9 p.m. June 21 and 3:30 a.m. June 22.
- Change was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 42400 block of Rockrose Square between 9 p.m. June 24 and 7 a.m. June 25.
Destruction of Property
- The driver’s side window of a vehicle parked on the 43100 block of Dry Ridge Terrace was damaged around 10:54 p.m. June 25 in an apparent attempt to gain entry.
- The rear window and both side-view mirrors were reported damaged on a vehicle on the 43400 block of Postrail Square between 10 p.m. June 25 and 6 a.m. June 26. Nothing was reported taken.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.