The Brambleton Kids Triathlon kicks off at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Brambleton Community Pool and this year benefits the Special Olympics of Loudoun.
The Brambleton Community Association developed the event to:
- ensure a safe, high quality experience for athletes and their families
- to donate proceeds to a charitable youth organization
- to encourage a fit and healthy lifestyle for youth in and around Brambleton
About 160 participants, ages 5 to 14, have registered to participate. Each participant receives a goody bag with event T-shirt and miscellaneous items donated from sponsors. And, each athlete will receive a finisher’s medal as he or she crosses the finish line.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Special Olympics of Loudoun, a nonprofit organization that provides training and competition in various Olympic-style sports. It costs about $175 per season to train a Special Olympics athlete.
Besides the triathlon, family friendly activities are planned.
- What: Brambleton Kids Triathlon
- When: Sept. 1, 2012, 8 a.m. to noon
- Where: Brambleton Community Center Pool, 42645 Regal Wood Drive
For more information, visit the Brambleton Kids Triathlon website.