County Residents Encouraged to Participate in Local Government
Over one dozen opportunities are available to the public.
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is encouraging residents to become actively involved in their county government. The following opportunities are available:
- Art Advisory Committee: Two at-large representatives
- Community Criminal Justice Board: Catoctin District representative
- Community Services Board: Two at-large representatives
- Disability Services Board: Two at-large representatives
- Facilities Standards Manual Public Review Committee: Two at-large representatives
- Family Services Advisory Board: One at-large representative
- Heritage Commission: Broad Run District representative
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Resident Advisory Board: Two regular and two alternate members (Board members must be a resident of a Housing Choice Voucher household). For more information, contact Stuart Shatz, HCV Division Manager, at 703-737-8969.
- Landfill Special Exception Review Committee: Nine openings
- Library Board of Trustees: Sterling District representative
- Loudoun County Transportation Safety Commission: Ashburn District representative
- Loudoun Health Council: One local physician, two healthcare professionals and two at-large physician representatives
- Lyme Disease Commission: Catoctin District representative
- Zoning Ordinance Action Group: At least seven at-large representatives, including those with knowledge and experience in zoning, planning, land development, land use law, and economic development
For information about specific vacancies, contact Office of the County Administrator Sarah Adler by calling 703-771-5034 or by e-mail at Sarah.Adler@loudoun.gov.
Information about each board, committee and commission, and the Board of Supervisors’ appointment process, is available online.