Crime Report: April/May Incidents
A little catch up on recent crime reports in Ashburn as reported to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
After a resident of the 20900 block of Vosburg Terrace reported that a man had attempted to enter the home just before 5 a.m. April 17, the resident contacted the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office and the suspect fled. Deputies later located Tyler J. Newlin, 20, of Ashburn and charged him with attempted burglary.
|Keep up with Ashburn area crime, business and other news with the free Patch email newsletter. Learn more here!|
Emergency Custody Order
Around 3:12 p.m. May 18 a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office deputy saw a female climbing the fence along Loudoun County Parkway where it passes over the Dulles Greenway. The 20-year-old female was held on an emergency custody order for mental evaluation.
Brandishing a Weapon
A motorist reported that someone in honked at them after failing to proceed through a green light around 3:10 p.m. May 18. The motorist then reported that the same person—described a white male in his 30s driving a black Ford F150—pulled alongside the victim and brandished a weapon.
Exposure Incidents on Callalily Way
- Someone reported that a man exposed himself from the window of a home under construction between 2:40 p.m. and 3:22 p.m. April 27 along the 42600 block of Callalily Way.
- A 24-year-old female reported that an unknown many exposed himself from the second floor of a home under construction around 3:15 p.m. May 17 along the 42600 block of Callalily Way.
- An 11-year-old girl and her little brother reported that a white van stopped in the street near Golden Meadow Circle and Hornbeam Place just before 4 p.m. May 1 and that a man jumped out and yelled in their direction. The children ran and the van left the area. Two black males were described as occupants of the van. The driver was described as in his mid-20s with short hair, a plain white T-shirt. The passenger was described in his late 20s or early 30s with long black dreadlocks, multiple tattoos on his right forearm and wearing a blue T-shirt.
- Students walking in the area of Barnstead Drive and Evergreen Ridge May 10 reported seeing a vehicle occupied by a black adult male, a white adult female and a white juvenile female. One of the occupants asked the students if they had jumper cables and later offered the students a ride. No further contact was made.
A 22-year-old Ashburn man was charged with public intoxication after he awakened a resident on the 21100 block of Hayshire Court just before 5 a.m. April 14.
- Jewelry, an mp3 player and a camera were reported taken from an apartment on the 21800 block of Blossom Hill Terrace between 6 p.m. April 5 and 3:30 p.m. April 6.
- A laptop, jewelry, purse, three televisions and other electronics were reported taken from a home on the 44200 block of Huron Terrace around noon April 7.
- Computers were reported taken from an office on the 43100 block of Thistledown Terrace between 7:30 p.m. April 12 and 8 a.m. April 13. There were no signs of fored entry.
- Sunglasses were reported taken from a vehicle parked in a garage along the 22700 block of Airmont Hunt Drive at 3:23 a.m. April 26.
- A garage door was discovered open and it appeared to have been tampered with on the 22800 block of Courtland Park Drive around 3:31 a.m. May 2.
- A wallet and its contents, a tablet, a GPS and jewelry were reported taken from a vehicle and home on the 22800 block of Courtland Park Drive May 2. Entry was gained through the garage.
- Jewelry was reported missing from a home with a damaged screen and window along the 20200 block of Nightwatch Street between midnight April 24 and 5:01 p.m. May 2.
- The front door of a home was reported damaged in an apparent attempt to gain entry to a home on the 42400 block of Great Heron Square between 2:45 p.m. and 4:04 p.m. May 7. Entry was not gained.
- A 2005 Saturn was reported missing from an assigned space in a parking lot along the 43400 block of Blacksmith Square between midnight and 6:30 a.m. April 13.
- A 1998 Acura was reported stolen from a parking lot along the 21000 block of Lowry Park Terrace between 8:45 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. May 9.
- Two DVD players, DVDs and a GPS were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 21300 block of Small Branch Place at 7 a.m. April 5.
- A patio chair was reported taken from a home on the 44200 block of Shehawken Terrace between 2:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. April 7.
- Tools and cleaning equipment were reported taken from a work van on the 21000 block of Calhoun Corners Terrace between 6 p.m. April 5 and 4 p.m. April 8.
- Jewelry was reported taken from an unsecured locker on the 42300 block of Soave Drive between noon and 1 p.m. April 6.
- A bicycle was reported taken from the porch of a home on the 21020 block of Timber Ridge Terrace between 10 p.m. April 7 and 10 a.m. April 8.
- A package was reported taken from a home on the 21700 block of Jarvis Square at 4:30 p.m. April 6.
- An mp3 players was reported taken from a vehicle on the 45100 block of Waterpointe Terrace April 8.
- A purse, GPS and mp3 player were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 19700 block of Estancia Terrace on April 10 or April 11.
- A GPS was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 43600 block of Phelps Terrace on April 13 or April 14.
- Electronics accessories were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 42800 block of Songbird Court April 13.
- A purse and its contents were reported taken from a vehicle on the 42500 block of Regal Wood Drive between 4:30 p.m. April 12 and 9:15 a.m. April 13.
- A gym bag and its contents were reported taken from a vehicle on the 21700 block of Iannis Spring Drive around 1:30 a.m. April 13.
- A Coney Island Diner sign was reported taken from the parking lot in front of the diner at 9:22 p.m. April 19.
- A package delivered to a home on the 20100 block of Braeton Bay Terrace was reported taken between 1:09 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. April 23.
- Plumbing parts were reported taken from a home under construction along the 20650 block of Erskine Terrace between 3:30 p.m. April 19 and 8 a.m. April 23.
- Construction material was taken from the 22800 block of Goldsborough Terrace between 6 p.m. May 3 and 6 a.m. May 4.
- A hot water heater was reported taken from a home under construction along the 21200 block of Park Grove Terrace between 3 p.m. May 4 and 11:32 a.m. May 7.
- Cash was reported taken from a vehicle parked inside an open garage along the 44200 block of Mohave Drive between 10 p.m. May 7 and 9 a.m. May 8.
- A GPS was reported taken fm a car parked in a driveway along the 44200 block of Navajo Drive between 9:30 p.m. May 7 and 7:55 a.m. May 8. A camera was reported taken from another vehicle in the same area.
- A GPS was reported taken from a vehicle parked in a driveway on the 44200 block of Navajo Drive between 8 p.m. May 7 and 9 a.m. May 8.
- A DVD was taken and two vehicles entered on the 44300 block of Navajo Drive between midnight May 7 and midnight May 9.
- A mattress, futon and electronics were reported taken from a home on the 44400 block of Whitford Square between noon April 10 and noon May 9.
- Air conditioning units were reported taken from homes under construction along the 43200 block of Barnstead Drive May 9.
- Prescription medication and clothing was reported taken from a vehicle on the 44300 block of Lightsey Ridge Terrace between noon May 8 and 8:15 a.m. May 9.
- Construction materials was reported taken from the 22800 block of Goldsborough Terrace on May 10.
- Construction materials were reported taken from a site at Corro Place and Fairhunt Drive between 5 p.m. May 9 and 7:30 a.m. May 10.
- Construction materials were reported taken from the 42600 block of New Dawn Terrace between 2 p.m. May 10 and noon May 11.
- Sunglasses were reported taken from unlocked vehicles parked in an open garage along the 20300 block o Medalist Drive between 8:30 p.m. May 13 and 7 a.m. May 14.
- A duffle bag and its contents were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway on the 19900 block of Hazeltine Place between 5 a.m. and 6:17 p.m. May 14.
- Construction materials reported taken from Shellhorn Road and Waxpool Road between 4 p.m. May 11 and 6 a.m. May 16.
Breaking and Entering
A 17-year-old male was found in an unoccupied home on the 20400 block of Middlebury Street on the morning of May 14.
Destruction of property
- Two windows of a home under construction were damaged along the 22700 block of Sagamore Square between 3:45 p.m. April 12 and 6:55 a.m. April 13.
- The window of a vehicle was damaged along the 22000 block of Avonworth Square on April 13 or April 14.
- A fence was vandalized along the 44070 block of Tippecanoe Terrace between 10 p.m. April 1 and 5 a.m. April 13.
- A vehicle parking lot along the 20300 block of River Ridge Terrace was vandalized betweeb 6 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. April 18.
- A 20-year-old Leesburg woman was charged with felony destruction of property after damaging a glass door along the 20100 block of San Joaquin Terrace just before 11 p.m. April 26.
- A window was damaged by a gunshot along the 44400 block of Maltese Falcon Square between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. May 6. No injuries were reported.
- A mailbox was damaged on the 43100 block of Tall Pines Court between midnight and 7:23 p.m. May 14.
- The driver’s side window of a vehicle was damaged along the 42800 block of Braemount Circle between 8 p.m. May 17 and 11 a.m. May 19.
- The rear window of a vehicle was damaged around 12:30 a.m. May 19 along the 44100 block of Navajo Drive.
- The rear of a home on the 43000 block of Waxpool Road was damaged around 2:49 p.m. May 20 in apparent attempt to gain entry.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email email@example.com.