Hornberger Re-Elected As Loudoun Schools Chair
Eric Hornberger (Ashburn District) keeps seat of LCSB as board meets for first regular meeting tonight.
The Loudoun County School Board re-elected Eric Hornberger (Ashburn District) as its chair last week.
It's the second consecutive year the Ashburn resident has been at the helm with Jill Turgeon (Blue Ridge District), who was also re-elected vice chairman.
Both were elected to the board in November 2011.
Before taking a spot on the board, Hornberger, who relocated to Ashburn with his wife and three children from Singapore in 2004, was best known as a parent activist and leader of Ashburn Farm Parents United, a group that pressured the county to redraw area boundaries and build three new Ashburn area schools.
Turgeon, who has lived in Loudoun County with her husband and three children for 12 years, taught second grade at Cool Spring Elementary School in Leesburg before leaving for her school board spot.
Among the board's first business of the new year: setting a meeting schedule.
Typically, the board will meet at 4 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month, and at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Exceptions run unedited as follows:
- March - Due to Spring Break, the fourth Tuesday School Board meeting in March will beheld on Tuesday, April 2.
- July - No School Board meeting is planned
- August - No fourth Tuesday School Board meeting is planned.
- November - Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, the fourth Tuesday School Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 3.
- December - No fourth Tuesday School Board meeting is planned.
The board meetings at 4 p.m. tonight at 21000 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia.