Mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-40s are expected around game time Sunday when the Washington Redskins welcome the Seattle Seahawks to FedEx Field for the final wildcard game of the 2012 NFL playoffs.
The Redskins’ first home postseason game in 13 years marks the first return to the NFL playoffs since 2007 when the Redskins lost to the Seahawks in Seattle. If all goes well Sunday, home-field advantage will have the same impact it did in 1999 when the Redskins beat the Detroit Lions.
Find more Redskins playoff history here.
Maybe Robert Griffin III – RG3 – will pull off another run against the Seahawks like this Oct. 14 performance against the Minnesota Vikings? Check out the video of the RGIII touchdown run.
Or will Alfred Morris carry the day as he did here against the Cowboys and continue his record-breaking season? Here's video of a Morris touchdown run.
The latest betting lines favor Seattle over Washington by 3. Don’t forget to let the team know how you feel about the season, the victory over Dallas and the upcoming playoff games.
Get the full NFL playoff schedule here.
If you're not so lucky, here are some local bars in the Ashburn area likely to carry the game:
- Finnegan’s Irish Pub
- The Ashburn Pub
- Nick’s Corner Grill
- Ford’s Fish Shack
- Blue Ridge Grill
- Broadland Sports Bar & Grill
- Clyde’s Willow Creek Farm
Remaining Wildcard Games
- Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6, on CBS
- Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6, on FOX
- The Houston Texans defeated the Cincinnati Bengals and head to Foxborough, MA, to the play the New England Patriots next weekend.
- The Green Bay Packers defeated the Minnesota Vikings and head to San Francisco to play the 49ers at Candletick Park next weekend.