Townhouse Fire Displaces Two in Ashburn
The accidental fire caused approximately $50,000 in damage.
A townhouse fire on Ridgecrest Square Dec. 12 caused $50,000 in damage and displaced two residents, according to a press release from the Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services.
The fire department received an emergency call around 7 p.m. Wednesday reporting the fire on the 19900 block of Ridgecrest near George Washington University. Fire and rescue units from Lansdowne, Cascades, Ashburn and Leesburg responded to the scene and found a small fire on the first floor of a middle townhouse unit.
The fire was contained to the first floor and quickly extinguished.
Smoke alarms alerted the residents to the fire. No injuries were reported.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause of the fire to be accidental: stove piping that had separated at a joint. Damages to the home are estimated at $50,000. Two occupants were displaced from the home and are staying with family and friends.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office reminds residents to ensure smoke alarms are correctly installed and functioning properly. To schedule a visit for a free home safety inspection to include free smoke alarm(s) installation or to obtain information regarding the county’s "Put A Finger On It!" free smoke alarm program, visit www.loudoun.gov/smokealarms or call 703-737-8093.