Virginia Snow Storm: Traffic, Closings in Ashburn
Watch this live radar of the Northern Virginia snowstorm. Patch will keep you updated about delays and closings throughout Tuesday and Wednesday.
- March 5, 2013
It looks like Northern Virginia could get its most significant snow storm of the season Tuesday through Wednesday.
Predictions Tuesday morning continued to indicate the area would see around 5 inches, if not more.
The Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service predicts afternoon rain will turn into snow sometime tonight, and continue through Wednesday.
Winds of up to 25 miles per hour, with gusts up to 35 miles per hour, are also expected.
- Loudoun Public Safety: Stay Off Roads
- PHOTOS: Snowquester Hits Loudoun
- Loudoun Schools, Government Closed March 6
- Ashburn Under Winter Storm Watch
- Power Companies Prepare for Winter Storm Outages
- Flight Delays, Cancelations Expected Wednesday at Reagan, Dulles Airports
- VDOT to Deploy 4,000 Snow Trucks Wednesday Morning
- Winter Driving Tips from Loudoun Sheriff
Throughout Tuesday and Wednesday, check here for all service and road closures as they happen.
Until the snow begins, here's some information to keep on hand:
Road Conditions, Closings
- Use Patch's commute page for live traffic maps before you leave the office. Snow will mix with rain around 4 p.m., just in time for the afternoon rush.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation keeps a map with all incidents, road work and closures here: 511virginia.org
- Alert Loudoun atwww.loudoun.gov/alert
- Follow Loudoun County on Twitter at www.loudoun.gov/twitter; and on Facebook at www.loudoun.gov/facebook.
- Dominion: To report an outage to Dominion Power, call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357). To see Dominion's online outage map, click here.
- NOVEC: Report outages at 703-335-0500 or 1-888-335-0500. Also report outages via the WEB at novec.com on smartphones through and novec.com/mobile. NOVEC’s smartphone application is also available.
Other information to keep on hand: