The United Way of the National Capital Area will give nearly $176,000 in grant money to Loudoun County nonprofits during a ceremony in Leesburg today. The money represents 18 Community Impact Fund grants awarded to 16 of the county’s nonprofits intended to address education, health and financial stability.
The money came from the United Way’s annual workplace giving campaign, which netted almost $1.65 million in community impact fund donations from the region.
Grant recipients include:
- American Red Cross
- Every Citizen Has Opportunities
- Friends of Loudoun Mental Health
- Help for Others
- Just Neighbors Ministry
- Legal Services of NV
- Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice/LAWS
- Loudoun Community Health Center
- Loudoun Interfaith Relief Inc.
- Loudoun Literacy Council
- Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers
- Northern Virginia Family Services
- NV Dental Clinic
- The Good Shepherd Alliance
- The Salvation Army Loudoun
- Volunteers of America Chesapeake Inc.
Leesburg and county officials plan to attend.