A driver plowed into electrical utility boxes near the corner of Loudoun County Parkway and Hamilton Chapel Terrace just after 2:30 p.m. Aug. 6. Witnesses reported that a 1998 Honda Civic traveling southbound in the left lane on Loudoun County Parkway when it gradually drifted into the right lane, onto the shoulder, through wooden barrier and across a median before striking the electrical boxes. Because the incident involved live electricity, the scene took several hours to clean up. The driver, a 22-year-old Sterling man who was not wearing a seatbelt, was airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital and listed in critical condition.
An unknown man sitting in a white SUV reportedly took a picture of two children playing in the front yard of a residence on the 19600 block of Stanford Hall Place around 4 p.m. Aug. 7 and then left the area. The driver was described as an older white male with gray hair and a gray mustache. No one meeting the description was located in the area.
- A large-screen television and video game system were reported taken from a home on the 21700 block of Ladyslipper Square between 10 p.m. Aug. 4 and 10:30 a.m. Aug. 5. There were no signs of entry.
- Two laptop computers, handheld gaming systems, smart phones and other items were reported taken from a home on the 22800 block of Portico Place between 12:45 a.m. and 7 a.m. Aug. 7. The suspect is believed to have entered through an open garage door, which led to an unlocked interior door.
- A car stereo was reported taken from a vehicle on the 21200 block of Olive Green Court between 9 p.m. Aug. 3 and10 a.m. Aug. 4.
- Cash was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle parked in an open garage on the 19700 block of Willowdale Place between 10 p.m. Aug. 4 and 2 a.m. Aug. 5.
- Someone reportedly entered an unlocked vehicle on the 20800 block of Apollo Terrace between 6 p.m. Aug. 2 and 8:32 p.m. Aug. 5.
- A GPS device was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 19500 block of Saratoga Springs Place between 9 p.m. Aug. 4 and 6:20 a.m. Aug. 5.
- A wireless Internet card was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 43200 block of Preston Court between 10 p.m. Aug. 5 and 9 a.m. Aug. 6.
- A laptop computer and iPod were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 22500 block of Welborne Manor Square between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 7 a.m. Aug. 7.
- An iPod was reported taken and two unlocked vehicles parked in an open garage were entered on the 43400 block of Lucketts Bridge Circle between midnight and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 7.
- A wallet digital camera and laptop computers were reported taken from a vehicle on the 43700 block of Raleigh Place between 10:30 a.m. Aug. 7 and 7 a.m. Aug. 8. A GPS device and mobile phone accessories were reported taken from another vehicle during the same hours. A smart phone charger was reported taken from a third vehicle on the 44200 block of Suscon Square.
- Part of vehicle’s grill was reported removed on the 43100 block of Huntsman Square between 9 p.m. Aug. 7 and 9 a.m. Aug. 8.
- A windshield was reported damaged on a vehicle on the 44300 block of Tillman Terrace between 9:30 p.m. and 11:21 p.m. Aug. 9.
- Loose change was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 21700 block of Goose Cross Terrace between 10 p.m. Aug. 8 and 5:45 a.m. Aug. 9.
- Sunglasses were reported taken from a vehicle on the 43100 block of Hillmont Terrace between 10:15 p.m. Aug. 8 and 7 a.m. Aug. 9.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.