.

‘Gas-Related Flash Fire’ Reported at Lansdowne

Three people were injured in the incident at the resort in Leesburg.

After responding to what was initially reported as an explosion at Lansdowne resort, the Loudoun fire marshal has dubbed the event a “gas-related flash fire,” according to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management spokeswoman Laura Rinehart.

Three people were injured at the resort, but the scene has been cleared of rescue personnel, Rinehart said. The fire marshal remains on the scene.

A male who was injured was transported to a burn center in Washington, DC, while two females were transported to local hospitals.

Patch will update this story as information becomes available.

Donnmaria Killinger October 18, 2012 at 04:02 PM
When you state "gas-related", are you referring to "gas" as used in vehicles, lawnmowers, etc? Natural gas and propane is naturally odorless however, for safety, in case of leaks, etc. A scent has been added. They both smell like ROTTEN EGGS!
Dusty Smith (Editor) October 18, 2012 at 07:21 PM
Good question. It was in the kitchen, but I'm not sure. I'll try to confirm.
Jamie Arca November 21, 2013 at 04:06 PM
This is a follow up to this story. This is a video of the recovery of the chef that was burned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WE-PoswWM

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something