Ashburn Water Rescue
A water rescue in Ashburn Jan. 31 was among a six such incidents throughout Loudoun County as motorists found themselves in deep water on county roads. Deputies responded to Belmont Ridge and Evergreen Mills roads after a 3:52 p.m. report Thursday of a vehicle stalled in standing water on a flooded roadway. Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management personnel used a shallow-water crossing and rope-rescue technique to get the driver to safety. Additional water rescues were performed around the county. While most were in western Loudoun, another incident occurred at Evergreen Mills and Watson roads.
- An iPod was reported taken from a vehicle on the 20700 block of Rainsboro Drive in Ashburn Village between 8 p.m. Jan. 24 and 7 a.m. Jan. 25.
- A GPS device and other items were reported taken from several unlocked vehicles on the 43700 block of Laburnum Square in the Ashburn Farm area Jan. 26. The GPS was later recovered.
- Cash was reported taken from a vehicle on the 21000 block of Raintree Court in the Ashburn Farm area between 8:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 27.
- A mobile phone and iPod accessories were reported taken from a vehicle on the 43500 block of Timberbrooke Place in the Ashburn Farm area between 9 p.m. Jan. 26 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 27.
- Two cameras and an iPod were reported taken from a vehicle on the 43500 block of Coal Bed Court in Ashburn Farm at 7:54 p.m. Jan. 27.
- A camera and cash were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 44100 block of Bristow Circle in Ashburn Village between 11 p.m. Jan. 23 and 8 a.m. Jan. 24. The incident was reported Jan. 28.
- The front wheels were reported removed from a construction vehicle near new construction at Codman Alley and Yarmouth Drive between 4 p.m. Jan. 25 and 7 a.m. Jan. 28.
- Cash was reported taken from a purse left in a vehicle on the 19700 block of Ashburn Road between 7 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Jan. 29.
Unlawful Entry/Tampering/Destruction of Property
- A resident reported that someone appeared to have entered their home on the 20200 block of Beechwood Terrace and rummaged through items between 8 a.m. Dec. 22 and noon Jan. 5. The incident was reported Jan. 28.
- An unlocked vehicle on the 20300 block of Mustoe Place in Ashburn Village was reportedly entered and rummaged through between 11 p.m. Jan. 27 and 8 a.m. Jan. 28. Nothing was reported taken.
- The locked glove compartment of a vehicle on the 20200 block of Mustoe Place in Ashburn Village was reported damaged in an apparent attempt to gain entry between 11:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 28.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email email@example.com.