Woman Dies After Belmont Ridge Accident
An Ashburn woman has died as a result of injuries she received last month during an accident along Belmont Ridge Road just south of Luck Lane.
A 35-year-old Chantilly man heading northbound on Belmont Ridge in a 2008 Lexus Sedan just before 9 p.m. July 21 crossed the double yellow line and struck a 2006 Honda Pilot, according to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. Jhansi L. Bellapu, 62, of Ashburn, was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital where she died Aug. 2, according to the report. The driver of the Honda and two other passengers were taken to area hospitals with serious injuries.
The Lexus driver, who was not injured, was charged with reckless driving. A 3-year-old boy in the Lexus also was not injured.
Broadlands Teen Identified After Eluding Deputy
A 17-year-old Broadlands teenager initially failed to stop for a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office deputy who initiated a stop after the teen disregarded a stop sign at Belmont Ridge Road and Mount Hope Road shortly after 10 p.m. July 31. The driver eventually stopped near Truro Parish Road. The deputy identified the teen and turned him over the custody of his parents. Petitions are pending for misdemeanor eluding law enforcement and failing to obey a stop sign.
Car Accident Results in DWI
An Ashburn man, 52, was charged with DWI following an accident short after 1 p.m. Aug. 1. According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the Ashburn man’s 2012 Ford vehicle traveling east on Route 7 changed lanes near Belmont Ridge Road and rear-ended a 2003 Honda Accord driven by a Purcellville woman.
Destruction of Property
Pillars to the Broadlands Boulevard/Dulles Greenway overpass were reported spray painted around 3 p.m. July 27.
- A laptop computer and mp3 player were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20900 block of Nightshade Place between 8:30 p.m. July 27 and 8:45 a.m. July 28.
- A catalytic convertor was reported removed from a vehicle on the 43500 block of Blacksmith Square between 10 a.m. July 28 and 10 a.m. July 29.
- A GPS device was reported taken from a vehicle on the 20800 block of Needlepine Court between 5 p.m. July 30 and 8:15 a.m. July 31.
- An iPod was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 20800 block of Cross Timber Driver between 11 p.m. July 30 and 7:30 a.m. July 31.
- A smart phone was reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on the 42900 block of Deer Chase Place between 10 p.m. July 29 and 9 a.m. July 30.
- Change and a camera were reported taken from a vehicle on the 20700 block of Cross Timber Drive between 11 p.m. July 30 and 5 a.m. July 31.
The previous information was supplied by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and, where charges were made, does not indicate a conviction. For questions about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org.