France’s Rhone Valley acted as pioneer to what have become some of the most successful grapes – Viognier and Syrah, most famously. Unfortunately, many wine lovers never try these wines from their homeland. Let’s change that!
Join our winemaker, Nate Walsh, for a discussion of the history of Rhone winemaking, with flights of Viogniers, Syrahs, and Rhone’s most prized red, Chateauneuf-du-Pape.
In this event, you will:
- Join Nate to learn the history of the winemaking methods in France’s Rhone Valley
- Blind taste a flight of Viognier, pitting the Rhone Valley against Virginia
- Blind taste a flight of Syrah, pitting the Rhone Valley against Australia and Virginia
- Show off your wine knowledge by picking the correct region of each varietal
- Enjoy a glass of the highly prized Chateauneuf-du-Pape